Birthmark Removal for most of the pigmented birthmark are done using laser treatment. Few may be removed by surgery.
Birthmark removal is the goal of many parents who wanted to get rid of ugly looking mark on their baby, be it on the face, trunk or limbs.
Several treatment methods are available for different types of birthmark. This include the use of
- laser treatment for Birthmark Removal:
- pigment laser such as Q-switched NdYag laser for the pigmented birthmark lesion such as Café-Au-Lait, Nevus of Ota, congenital nevi, Mongolian Spot
- vascular laser for vascular birthmark such as the Port Wine Stain, capillary haemangioma, strawberry haemangioma, cavernous haemangioma, AV malformation, venous malformation
Birthmark Removal: Birthmark Nevus Of Ota: BEFORE Laser Birthmark Removal
Birthmark Removal: Birthmark Nevus Of Ota: AFTER Laser Birthmark Removal. Note the smooth textured & fair skin , the advantages of laser treatment.
- cryotherapy Birthmark Removal for congenital nevi
- sclerotherapy Birthmark Removal for Venous malformation
- surgical removal for venous malformation
- skin graft for port wine stain
- Radio-frequency or diathermy treatment for Birthmark Removal of congenital nevi
- No Birthmark Removal chosen BUT just wait and see. This is beacuse it may disappear as the baby grows up. It is surprising that many birthmarks tends to disappear by itself even if nothing is done. This include the Mongolian spot, cavernous haemangioma, strawberry haemangioma