Crooked Nose gives an odd-full look on the face.
Crooked Nose, also called deviated nose
Crooked Nose is quite common among the South Asian.
Crooked Nose: Deviated nasal septal cartilage. This is single most important cause. All others are secondary.
Compared to a short nose, round nose, wide nose wing or broad nose, a crooked nose is very common.
What is the features/definition of Crooked Nose?
The meeting point on the bridge where 2 nasal bones, 2 upper alar cartilages, and the septal cartilage meets not in a straight but a deviated direction. It can be deviated to one side in a linear way or in a S curved shape.
2 Types of deviation/Crooked Nose
- C-type deviation, or linear deviation to one side, of Crooked Nose
A crooked nose if occurring concurrently with a flat tip or even a long columellar will gives an impression of a snake appearance. Oh dear! some of these clients might be nick named “snaky nose lady”, the devil lady portrayed in many films.
2. S curved shape. It deviated to one side, returning , then deviated to the opposite side again. So, here there are 2 rounds of deviation.
Causes of Crooked Nose
Crooked Nose has multiple causes:
- Deviated nasal septal cartilage causing Crooked Nose. This is single most important cause. All others are secondary.
- genetic causing Crooked Nose. Some are better endowed than other, congratulation. Sorry for the rest. But the good news is that it can be corrected easily with the new technology
- ethnicity as a cause of Crooked Nose. Some ethnic such as the Caucasian, Middle Eastern,and South Asian has a higher incidence of nose hump. Many Mongoloid and Asian tends to has lower incidence of nose hump.
- Accident causing Crooked Nose. Where knock on the bridge could cause fracture of the nasal bone and denting inward or jetting outward causing a hump shaped bridge.
- Deviated nasal septum causing Crooked Nose. This is inborn, or congenital in origin.
Crooked Nose | Flat Nose | A flat nose has a shorter nose as the bridge is imperceptibly after it merges with the side of the face as it go upward from the tip of the nose.
Crooked Nose: Facial beauty concept
The rule of 1/3, one third, both vertically and horizontally gives an idea/concept of beauty and how Crooked Nose comes about. Please refers to the diagram.
Crooked Nose: Treatment
- Treat the septum by surgical correction as much as a carpenter. It is all about handiwork. It is the one single most important correction that cures the Crooked Nose!
- All other are secondary causes of Crooked Nose. This may include concurrent occurring low and flat alar cartilages.
Crooked Nose: Caution
Never goes to the unlicensed practitioner who uses the silicone gel injection to correct a Crooked Nose. It will ruin the nose. It will be very difficult to remove. There are too many complications. The hump can be one of the complication or a crooked noes. I will show you cases i have removed.
They may try to fatten and straighten the bridge so as to looks less deviation. No, no, no. It don’t work this way.
Some Before After photos of Crooked Nose
Crooked Nose: A crooked nose gives an impression of a snake appearance. Oh dear! some of these clients might be nick named “snaky nose lady”, the devil lady portrayed in many films. This is a S-shaped deviation, deviating to both sides at the same time.
Crooked Nose: A crooked nose gives an impression of a snake appearance. Oh dear! some of these clients might be nick named “snaky nose lady”, the devil lady portrayed in many films. This is a C-type or linear shaped deviation, deviating to left hand sides toward the tip.