Personalized Skin Care
Personalized Skin Care
Customized Skin Care: individualized skin testing is the first step to check your personal peculiar requirement of skin care totally different than others.
Tailor Make Skin Care: after the individualized skin testing which is the first step to check your personal peculiar requirement of skin care needs which is totally different than others. This is followed by writing out the formula of the cream.
Individualized Skin Care: After the writing out the formula of the cream, the compounding pharmacist then take and mixes all the ingredients, grinned and make into a cream for application onto the skin for beauty, anti aging and treatment.
Compounding pharmacy (just like the personalized medicine) is a popular term or name used to describe about the art and science of mixing two or more ingredients of medicine. The drug is make into the strength and form that are in compliance with the prescription needs of the doctor and the patient herself. And this also meet the professional standard required of the State Board of Pharmacy.
Personalized skin care needs is on a dramatic rise due to the mass manufactured skin care cream that can not address the more detailed specific requirement and need of practitioner and most importantly it is the end user, the customer or patient.
Most of the time we are referring to the compound pharmacy of oral ro even the local application format of drug administration route. We can actually also compounding make of sterile inject-able medicine.
Compounding pharmacy for Skin Care
For the sensitive skin, it is necessary to exclude the preservative, dye and even the flavoring agent used. This is essential for the allergic and sensitive skin, both for beauty and treating skin diseases such as contact dermatitis.
The strength of the skin may be lower or higher depending on the disease condition. For example, for post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, it will be best to use lower concentration cream to prevent irritation and over stimulation.
Also, the particular patient may not want messy oily cream, instead she or mostly the guy prefers non oily serum or lotion.
Personalized Skin Care: is about the art & science of mixing 2 or more drug ingredient to a customized needs of the patient skin requirement such as the allergic and sensitive skin. Some may not want greasy cream but a lotion or serum.
Factors determining special needs of patient for individualized skin care includes:
- the strength of the medication, that is the concentration within a specific volume. For example, a very sick patient who has no appetite to swallow big volume of drug may go for highly concentrated volume in small quantity. Many cancer and terminal patient may need this requirement.
- dosage forms. Example, a sick person, or baby may only able to swallow liquid medication instead of solid tablet or capsule.
- the flavors to suit the patient, eg the baby and children who prefers sweet and pleasant flavor that the usual better and pungent smell of the drug
- the needs to exclude the ingredient due to the allergy and sensitivity to a particular dye or preservative that are the non essential part of the drug
Skin condition requiring skin care compounding pharmacy services:
- Allergic skin
- sensitive skin
- Post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation skin, PIH
- hormone sensitive skin
- severe sun damaged skin
- severe acne such as acne vulgaris
- Contact dermatitis
- personal choice preference: want less greasy cream such as serum or lotion